Your Privacy and Use
Privacy and Security Policy
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Types of Information We Collect
- Your name
- Your billing and delivery address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone (or mobile) number
- Your credit card information
- Information on how you are using the Site
- Your purchase/return/exchange information
- We Collect Information When
- You purchase, order, return, exchange or request information about our products and services from the Site or mobile applications.
- You create an ImpactApologetics.com account.
- You connect with us regarding customer service via our customer service center, or on social media platforms.
- You visit the Site or participate in interactive features of the Site or mobile applications.
- You use a social media service, for example, our Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- You sign up for e-mails, mobile messages, or social media notifications from us.
- You enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to one of our surveys, or participate in a focus group.
- You provide us with comments, suggestions, or other input.
- You interact with any of the Site through your computer, tablet or mobile device.
HOW AND WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third party payment processor such as Stripe or Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site and related courses and its service providers.
We may use tracking pixels/web beacons, cookies and or other technologies to receive and store certain types of information. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. This information helps us customize your website experience and make our marketing messages more relevant. It also allows us to provide features such as storage of items in your cart between visits. This includes our content presented on other website or mobile applications. In order to provide the best customer experience possible, we also use this information for reporting and analysis purposes, such as how you are shopping our website, performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
Third Party Services
User Experience Information
In order to improve customer online shopping experience, help with fraud identification, and to assist our customer care representatives in resolving issues customers may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information, including, but not limited to, login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), and browser information.
Information from Other Sources
We may also obtain information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers (e.g., adding address information). This may improve our ability to contact you and improve the relevancy of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you.
Any information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected, or used by us and other participants, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, returns/exchanges, or requests for information, or to otherwise serve you.
- Provide any requested services.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests.
- Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, receipt messages, e-mails, and mobile messages.
- Send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions.
- Administer promotions.
- Internal Operations
- Improve the effectiveness of the Site, mobile experience, and marketing efforts.
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys.
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy.
- Fraud Prevention
- To prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our customers and our business.
- Legal Compliance
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas.
HOW WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Security Methods
We maintain technical, administrative, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard this information, the Site uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) where we collect personal and sensitive information ensuring that all information passed between a user and the site is private. If you make a purchase on our site, we use a third party payment processor such as Authorize.net or Paypal. Payments are encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our site.
- E-mail Security
Please note that e-mail may not be encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information. “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for certain information, do not respond. Though we might ask you your name, we will never request your password, credit card information or other information through e-mail.
- Information About Children
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. We are committed to protecting children's privacy and we comply fully with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We will never knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that an individual is under the age of 13 and has submitted any information to us, for any purpose without prior verifiable parental consent, we will delete his or her information from our files.
- Additional Security
We also ask customers to carefully review their accounts and immediately report any unexpected activity to us and their issuing bank or credit card company. We ask all our customers to take measures to help protect information in their online accounts, including the following:
- Install the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses.
- Reset your e-mail account passwords frequently.
- Use complex passwords or passphrases
- Do not use the same password on more than one website.
- Do not share your password with others.
Sign out/log off website sessions so that your session is closed and cannot be accessed by another user on the same computer, especially when using a public computer or terminal.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell or rent personally identifiable customer information to third parties; except, under limited circumstances outlined below, we may share information with third parties.
The Impact Family
We share information we collect with Impact family, which includes Online Christian Courses, LLC and CrossExamined. The Impact family may use this information to offer you information, products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, e-mail, mobile marketing, logistics, or data enhancement providers) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
We may disclose information you provide to us when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our customers or others.
When You Direct Us
At your direction or request, we may share your information.
If some or all of our business assets are sold or transferred, we generally would transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that customer information.
International Data Transfers
To the extent that we are deemed to transfer personal information cross-border, we rely on the following legal bases to transfer your information in accordance with legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders:
- Consent (where you have given consent)
- Contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you; for example, to process an online payment or deliver a purchased product)
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE
- Promotional E-mail
- If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you have the ability to unsubscribe via the opt-out link included in each e-mail. It may take up to 10 business days before you stop receiving promotional e-mails.
- Important Notices and Transactional E-mail
- From time to time, we may send non-commercial electronic email messages with important information about us or the Sites to your email address.
- We regularly send email order confirmations, email order updates and “leave a review” emails to you after you have submitted an order.
- We may distribute mobile coupons and text messages to mobile devices of customers who have requested this information via an opt-in request. Customers will be able to opt out of a specific mobile messaging campaign.
- ImpactApologetics.com Cookies
- The help function of your browser should contain instructions to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Sites features.
HOW DO YOU ACCESS AND UPDATE THE INFORMATION
- In order to keep your information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of your information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account, you can log in and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information.
- Contact us with your current contact information and the information you would like to access. We will provide you the information requested if reasonably available, or will describe more fully the types of information we typically collect.
- Depending on your location, you may also have certain additional rights with respect to your personal information such as (i) the right to obtain a copy of your personal data you provided to us; (ii) the ability to change or correct your personal data through your account settings; (iii) the right to have us delete or limit our use of your personal information, except information we are required to retain, by contacting us.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER PRIVACY
Third Party Services
- Any information you provide us is controlled and processed by Impact Apologetics, LLC, P.O. Box 78956, Charlotte, NC 28271, USA or its suppliers (where indicated herein).
- Send an e-mail to our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Customer Care line at 00-1-704-843-0444.
- Write us at Impact Apologetics, LLC, P.O. Box 78956, Charlotte, NC 28271, USA
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to your use of the ImpactApologetics.com website and any other product offered for sale by IMPACT through the ImpactApologetics.com website.
IMPACT shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the ImpactApologetics Web site.
The ImpactApologetics Web site shall be used for lawful purposes only.
The ImpactApologetics Web site contains copyrighted material, and the entire content of the Web site is copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. No Guest may modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit, any of the content of the Web site, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material from the Web site will be permitted without the express written permission of IMPACT and any other copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of copyrighted material, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice shall be made. Each guest acknowledges that he or she does not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
Third Party Content
The ImpactApologetics Web site contains content supplied by parties other than IMPACT. Any opinions, advice, statements, Web sites, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by such third parties, including information providers and Guests, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of IMPACT. Neither IMPACT nor any third party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose.
EACH GUEST EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT USE OF THE IMPACTAPOLOGETICS WEB SITE IS AT HIS OR HER SOLE RISK.
THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.
Ordering at ImpactApologetics.com is easy! If you are encountering any problems with the site, please contact us at (704) 843-0444 or by email.
No minimum order.
Ordering by Phone, Fax, or with Checks or Money Orders
Don't feel comfortable ordering products online? No problem! You can order most of the products you find online at IMPACT by calling us at (704) 843-0444. (Before calling, please note the Product Number(s) and titles for ease of ordering.)
To order by regular mail, please send check or money order along with your Shipping Address, Product Number(s), Product Title(s) and quantity to:
P.O. Box 78956
Charlotte, NC 28271
If you have completed an order and wish to change your shipping or billing information, or change or cancel the order, please call us at (704) 843-0444 as soon as possible. If the order has been processed, we will not be able to make changes. However, since IMPACT offers a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, you can return any unwanted items along with your original receipt to us and receive a complete refund of the purchase price. Shipping will be at your expense.
As per current North Carolina law, sales tax is charged on shipments to addresses in North Carolina.
We strive to ensure accuracy of all information displayed on our site. It is rare, but there have been instances where we have displayed an incorrect price. In these cases, we must reserve the right not to honor these mistakes.
Downloadable files will only be available for download for 4 days. Please make sure you download them prior to 96 hours (4 days) after the original purchase.
We accept checks and money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and check cards (as long as they are connected with one of the major credit card companies listed above.)
All credit card orders are processed through a credit card directly or through PayPal. If you use Paypal you are not required to have or open a PayPal account. You can safely enter your entire credit card number via PayPal's secure server, which encrypts all submitted information.
If you're paying with a Check Card enter it as if it was a regular credit card.
You will not be charged for any items at this point. We will calculate the actual shipping cost and contact you by email (or phone if you provide that info) to confirm and complete the order. Or simply call us at (704) 843-0444 with your request.
How are packages shipped?
IMPACT uses the U.S. Postal Service to ship packages. No delivery time is guaranteed. If you need expedited shipping or have a deadline by which the package must arrive, please contact us by phone at (704) 843-0444.
What about items sent to undeliverable destinations?
IMPACT is not responsible for shipping charges incurred when the recipient is for any reason unable to accept items shipped. It is the responsibility of the guest initiating the order to ensure that the shipping address provided is a current, working address.
Can I send products to a jail or correctional facility?
Please contact the institute directly and confirm their policies specific to receiving product for inmates/prisoners. Each institution has unique internal policies and we cannot take responsibility for shipment methods or products that violate these standards.
What is your Satisfaction Guarantee?
IMPACT offers a 30-day money back guarantee of the purchase price on most products.
Returned merchandise must be in its original condition and include all packaged accessories.
No refunds may be made on any opened software. Defective products may be exchanged for the same product within 30 days of purchase.
Seasonal clearance items are non-returnable.
How/where do I return an item?
For items purchased from IMPACT our return policy is fast and easy! Simply include a copy of your original invoice (or include a note providing you name, address, daytime phone number, when and where you purchased the item), reason for return and action requested (refund, replacement or exchange).
Re-package the product and send the package by trackable delivery to:
P.O. Box 78956
Charlotte, NC 28271
We are happy to refund the cost of the product. We are unable to refund original shipping or return postage charges unless the return is due to our error. We accept returns within 30 days of original purchase.
Refunds or additional charges caused by exchange will be processed to the original credit card used for purchase.
If you have any questions or need further information, please call (704) 843-0444.