CIA Course Resources
We are thrilled to help prepare you for attending CrossExamined's CIA course. You can purchase through this site all of the main resources required. We even offer a complete CIA Student Packet at a savings of 10% off of Amazon's price!
In recent weeks our supplier has succumbed to the pressure of large on-line bookstores and changed their policy for selling to small businesses like ours. Until we can find a better way, we will be offering afilliate links for the additional resource items we no longer stock. For most items, you will be given a link to purchase at Chrsitian Book Distributors (CBD) or Amazon. There are books that we will offer only a link to Amazon for. We recognize the need to read works from authors such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens and others, but highly recommend that you purchase a used book through Amazon so that no additional profit for the creation of the item goes to the author - that's just using the wisdom God gave you!
CrossExamined has provided the following description of resources:
Don’t just read or listen, but study and outline our book, I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist. This can be purchased along with the 12-show DVD series called Why I Still Don’t Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist at impactapologetics.com. At that same link, you can get the workbook and teacher guide that goes along with the DVD set. If you want to go deeper, you should get the full I Don’t Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist curriculum. Also read, outline and study Frank Turek’s new Stealing from God: Why Atheists need God to make their case, and Greg Koukl’s Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions (the DVD version is available at STR.org).
There are several other important works. But for now, these additional works are essential:
– J. Warner Wallace: Cold Case Christianity
-Lee Strobel: The Case for the Real Jesus; The Case for Faith; The Case for the Creator (these are great because you get the main arguments from the best scholars)
-William Lane Craig: Hard Questions, Real Answers; God: A Debate Between a Christian and an Atheist; Reasonable Faith, On Guard.
– William Dembski: Evidence for God (with Mike Licona); Intelligent Design Uncensored (with Jonathan Witt)
– Paul Copan: Is God a Moral Monster?
– Timothy J. Koegel: The Exceptional Presenter: A Proven Formula to Open Up and Own the Room
– Norman L. Geisler: The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics, Answering Islam, When Critics Ask (This book may now be called The Big Book of Bible Difficulties.)
– Start listening to the STR, William Lane Craig, J. Warner Wallace, and CrossExamined podcasts.
– You also will need to be familiar with the works of the popular atheists such as Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens.